Monday, October 6, 2008

What a great weekend!!

I haven't taken any pictures of anything lately so I guess there isn't any to post. We had a fantastic weekend with Chris and Emily here to watch General conference with us. What an outstanding conference it was. Powerful talks that are so timely. We "almost" had Mary Dahl, our neighbor, here for the Saturday afternoon session as the Sister Missionaries in our ward asked her over when they picked oranges for her, but she wasn't home when they called or went there to get her. The Sisters did watch it with us anyway. I guess none of that is new for all my former missionary children. I'm sure you've experienced this before. Chris went to Priesthood with Dad; and Emily and I enjoyed our time together just visiting.

Sunday afternoon, Kathy Payne came over to help us register (Dad already had) on the new Family Search program and then instruct us in how to use it. It is an amazing program but will take some time for it to come easily. We did find an ancestor in Gran's line that hasn't had any work done for her yet and so we printed out the temple ready form to take with us the next time we go to the temple. We also discovered that some of the work we did has been done more than once for some of Gran's family. It will be fun to see if they have been done through extraction or if we have other family members doing our line too. Emily's ward youth are going to the temple on the 25th of this month to do baptisms so we are going to try and get some more names before then, for them to do that work for us .

The fall weather here is gorgeous. It is mostly warm in the day but it takes longer to get there and then it cools down rapidly. The trees are changing into their beautiful colors as are the vineyards. Friday we had a really good rain, the first real long lasting rain in many months. The air smelled so fresh. I love the fall. I'll do some pictures in my next blog...

1 comment:

Brook said...

I miss those vineyards!