Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Birthday and Thanksgiving weekend

What a great weekend we had with our California family. Dad and I were so excited to have the Philpott's here with us and show the newest grandchildren our home and the park across the street. Next time we will take a walk down the park corridor and show them the play equipment at the other end.

In this first picture, Abby climbed clear to the top of the "web" structure. She was high up and having a great time being there.

John decided to join her which took a little more effort than he probably thought it would. I don't think these structures were made with adults in mind but I must give him credit...he made it to the top. I know his new physical strength and slender frame was a plus in his accomplishment.














All of them had a great time on the swings, and slides and monkey bars as well. Dad and I loved pushing the younger ones on the swings and Noelle had the most fun of all sharing a swing with Jenna. Abby doesn't need pushing anymore; she's learned the art of pumping.

Our Thanksgiving dinner later in the day turned out great thanks to all the family contributions. I enjoyed making a special cake for the October Birthdays and the youngest kids were happy with my efforts as they hadn't seen a cake that Grandma made before. It was fun surprising them with Pocohontas and Jack from "The Nightmare Before Christmas". I was going to have them take the rest of it home with them but they had won a cake in a cake walk on Friday so they didn't need one. I took it to the woman's shelter on Monday cause Dad and I sure don't need a cake to finish eating.

Sunday night was the first rehearsal for the Nativity Choir. I know, hard to believe but it isn't very far away. We are doing some new music and a couple pieces we have done before. They aren't as hard to learn as last year so that is good. Dad and I will be singing in a small ensemble too this year. We are actually the only members of the Mann family to be in the choir this year. That seems very strange after having so many of us in the past. This way we'll have Mann's in the audience too!

No comments: