Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A New year and a New plan

I know you are all totally amazed that I have actually blogged after a very long dry spell. Well, I have decided that I am going to pretend I have a son on a mission and will start blogging each Monday or Tuesday when I am doing the missionary laundry. It's a good plan and I will try to make it work.

Emily and I had a fantastic time planning and participating in the baby shower for Brook last Saturday. I know everyone who attended had lots of fun and good food. Brook got some very nice things for Carter which was the whole purpose for the shower. Now we just have to wait to see "him" wearing all his adorable clothes. I'll put in some pictures from the shower of Brook and Kathleen and their cute Prenant bellies when are able to...see below.

Our computer developed a problem so I am currently using an old one we have for just this reason. It is slower and doesn't have the pictures on it so I haven't put pictures in this blog. Plus I need a crash course from my SR bloggers as to how to do that again. It's been waaaaaaaay too long and I apologize. I love reading your blogs so please keep them up. Jim Jones analyzed our computer and I got the part yesterday so we should have our better one back by next week cause he will so some cleanup service and stuff on it to make it more effecient.

Things have been going well at work and it looks like there is a very good possibility that I can get more hours soon so that I won't have to get a second job as I thought I might. I really enjoy working at Santa Rosa Chiropractic and Neurology center with my co-workers and the great patients we have. It's a great work atmosphere. They are even planning to get another doctor in there too so that will make more work. Yeah!!

In our stake we have started a new thing this year...each month, the first week is called ministerial week and there are no ward or stake meetings so that families can spend quality time together each night for a whole week. It is also a good time to do home and visiting teaching. Dad and I have been studying the scriptures togther and working on our downsizing in preparation for serving a mission. It's a huge task but we are doing it a little at a time and things are getting accomplished. We've already gone through all of our VHS movies and discarded many. Now we are working on our books but thanks to "paperbackswap" we are getting rid of unwanted books and have the ability to receive ones we want in exchange. Thanks, Dave, for that. Now that the weather is getting really nice and before it gets hot...we are going to tackle the garage, and this time I'm not going to break an ankle!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for blogging. We look forward to your new plan.

Emily said...

Great to have you back! And don't worry - we'll help you with pictures!