Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Get out your Easter Bonnets!



Well, St. Patrick’s Day is over and Easter is just around the corner. Can you believe it?
Dad/ Richard and I are doing great, enjoying the beautiful weather and keeping busy.


Saturday night was our annual Stake Single Adult Saint Patrick’s dinner and program. We hold it at the institute building and put corned beef in crock pots at 10:00 in the morning so they cook all day. We had about 20 people there including 3 children (Iris, Lily, and Jasmine) of one of the singles. We had really good food with the potluck items all the singles brought, together with the corned beef and cabbage, potatoes, and drinks the stake provided. We played some word games, Dad told jokes, and then we put in a DVD of Lord of the Dance. Everyone had a good time. Do you know why the shamrock is a symbol of St. Patrick’s Day? Well, Saint Patrick taught the principle of the Godhead using the three leaves of the shamrock to signify the Father, Son, and the Holy Ghost, and then how they are unified "as one" in one leaf. Cool huh?


Sunday was an adventure for me as I substitute taught the "Sunbeam" class for the first time ever. There are five 3-year old boys in that class. You know me and little boys…I had such a great time. The lesson was on "Fish". I went to the library and took out two books…one was a story book about "Swimmy". It was a very cute story and they loved it. The other was book about fish with great colored pictures of all kinds of fish. We had a fantastic time learning about Gods beautiful fish and how we eat them too. We had a snack time too…what did we eat? "Goldfish" of course!! The last ten minutes we played with cars and trucks. They had a great time shooting them across the table to me and seeing if I could catch them and shoot them back. I did pretty well considering there were 5 of them and one of me. I’ll substitute in that class any time. Next week I get to sub for the chorister and it’s Easter Sunday…I can hardly wait….


Monday night was our Single Adult FHE here at the house and even though it was the 17th, we decided to forgo St. Pat’s day cause we already did that on Saturday and focus on Easter instead. We decided to show them "The Testaments" DVD. Half of them hadn’t seen it and they loved it as did we. It is a very special movie to see at Easter time…perfect actually. I’m very grateful that Chris and Emily gave it to us last Easter.


Last night was American Idol. Yes, we watch it. Did you know there are two LDS contestants? Their names are David (not Cook, the other one) and Brooke…pretty easy to remember. During the show, Brooke said "Hi" to her husband whose name is…yep, Dave. They are doing well. I voted for both of them last night too. I hope they are still there after tonight.


Hope your Easter is extra special this year!!

No comments: