Thursday, March 27, 2008

Every week I blog, it’s one day later in the week than the week before. I don’t know what’s up with that but here goes this weeks happenings…

Thursday I went to lunch and a movie with Faye Clawson, Emily’s mom. We have a good time together and hadn’t done anything for a while so she took me to lunch a the East West Café and then I took her to the movies next-door at the Rialto theater and we saw, “Miss Pedigrew Lives for a Day” which we thoroughly enjoyed. Very funny and poignant at the same time. I recommend it for a good time.

After work last Friday I joined Richard at the Dunford’s for a 55th birthday dinner party for Ron. We had a blast!! There were other couples there from their ward who we don’t see that often but really delight in their company. It was a great group of friends. We had delicious food & enjoyable conversation, then played guessing games that were questions about Ron so we all got to know him better than before. One of them was guessing his age in about 20 pictures from his life. It was very entertaining analyzing the clothes and surroundings as well as his appearance in trying to figure out how old he was in each one. Cindy had gotten some really cute prizes for all of us. They were all wrapped and we could have traded for ones already opened as we each chose one, but we all liked the ones we got. Dad got a mini, battery powered, light saber. (We have to guard it from Chris.) Then Ron opened his creative and amusing gifts from all of us. It was a great and very fun evening.

Saturday we did yard work in the beautiful warm weather, shopped for Easter dinner, and enjoyed the day. Easter Sunday we had the privilege of singing in the ward choir, “This is The Christ”. John, Noelle and Abigail were in town to spend Easter with her sisters so they were in our ward and John came and sang next to Dad. The song was perfect and the Spirit strong making my tears flow, especially with his beautiful voice behind me. Then I had the thrill of substituting as chorister in Primary and loved every second of it. We shared “The Missionary Game” and dinner with Chris and Emily, barbecuing steaks I had marinated over night. Yummy! Brook wasn’t feeling too well after church so they came over later and the 6 of us visited and had a fun time together. It was a beautiful Easter Sunday.

Tuesday night we went to Sebastopol and had dinner with Kathleen, Mark, and Joshua. Delicious food and great company. Their home is beautiful and in a gorgeous area with a fantastic view. We are so thrilled that they are putting down roots just a short distance from us. We are standing ready to help out when the new baby boy is born in the near future. We took a game to Joshua, (Looney Toons “SMASH-UM” that used to be Christopher’s) with a new package of Playdoh. Mark and Joshua played it after we had dinner and they both had a “smashing” good time. Joshua won. Sorry I forgot my camera as I was planning to put pictures here…darn! Next time.

Today was book club and as always I had a wonderful time with my good friends. We discussed the book, “These is My Words” (1st of 3 volumes) by Nancy Turner. We all had a great time reading and discussing the book.

This morning I received a surprise phone call from Larry and Becky, according to my caller ID, but when I answered it, my mom was on the other end. They have been down from Oregon since last Saturday to help Larry and Becky move into their new home. I knew they were coming down this month but wasn’t sure when. The surprise part was a wish of mine that my parents granted…they are moving back to California soon and are going to be living in this big, beautiful new home with Larry and Becky. I couldn’t be happier. They will rent out their home in Grant’s Pass so they will have additional income. I can hardly wait to see them hopefully this weekend on our way to Sacramento.

No comments: