Sunday, September 27, 2009

Supurb Beauty of September!!

This post is about the beauty of the nature that has surrounded me this month.
I've started walking regularly again and so I thought I would take my camera along with me one morning. These are some of the natural beauties that delight my senses and uplift me as I walk. The picture above are those gorgeous flowering trees that bloom in Sept all around Santa Rosa. We even have one in the dark pink color growing in our yard. How fun it will be when it gets that big.
As I walk through the Oak trees that are at the far end of the park, I smell them and that fragrance that surrounds me takes me back to my childhood and a park I used to go to in Berkekey called "Live Oak Park". It is an instant memory and a very good one. At the same time I look around and down that path in front of me as I stand under the Oaks is a view of the fence that surrounds our first house in Santa Rosa...the home where we lived when all three of our youngest sons were born.
Then I walk down that path and stand by that fence and look out at the view that we had from our deck in the backyard of the playground over the stream and through the trees. Look familiar... sons??
Near the end of my walk in and out of the park walkways is a pathway that is another favorite. I love the majesty of the Weeping Willow trees. They have a grace and beauty all their own.
These cuties are some of the Gerbera Daisys that grow on our deck. I love looking at them out of my kitchen window.
This is the Hydrangea plant that my Philpott family gave to me one Mother's Day. I love the color of those flowers. It brings me much happiness. Thank you family.
This cute little succulent plant was a get will gift from the Kitchen family that was waiting for us when we got home from our extended trip to Utah in June. It's "get well" messsage was greatly appreciated and it is blooming again so that it's love extends on.
Light pink roses that bloom profusely on our front path on a bush that my boss gave me for assistants day in 2008 make me smile every day. I love that I planted it and it grew so nicely. I got another one this year that is a dark, dark pink that I have planted across the path from this one. It will be fun to see it's growth too.

I love nature and the way it makes me feel. I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who created all the beauties that surround me. Now it's on to the next phase of nature and all that fall has in store for the senses.

No comments: