Friday, May 15, 2009

A Fabulous Mother's Day!

Thank you to my wonderful family for making my Mother's Day absolutely delightful!

I called my mom early Sunday morning and talked with her about her choral show the previous night. All went well and my Sister sang a solo of "Fever" which was a show stopper. I love that song and look forward to seeing the DVD when we visit over the 4th of July. I then spoke to my Dad who is recovering from some surgery he had the week before. He sounded great and is doing really well. I'm so grateful for that!

After Church, Richard and I came home and enjoyed a delicious lunch that was prepared by our son Chris and his beautiful wife Emily. It was chicken salad sandwiches on special rolls, fresh fruit salad, Sierra Mist soda with fresh strawberries, and chips (low sodium variety for Dad). Ummm! It makes me hungry just writing about it. They did all the preparation and clean up. I loved it all!! I also love my yummy fragranced hand and body lotion and "4 footed" massager that feels so good even though it doesn't look like it should. Thanks so much Chris and Em, it was all so thoughtful.

After a nice visit with them the greatly anticipated phone calls started. We began with a "skype" call (on the computer where you can see each other and talk too...sci-fi style) with Dave, Brook and Carter. It was so fun to watch Carter's antics as he walked all over the place. Chris and Em got to be a part of the call too and enjoy the adventure. I love modern technology that makes the miles melt. It's the next best thing to being there.

Then I got the remaining wonderful calls from the rest of the family...George, Jeff, Christy and Jason, then John and his kids sang to me on my cell phone voice message when I was on the house phone so I have that saved. So precious. He called me later to have a mom/son talk. It was great having long converstations with all of my children. Thanks family for all your love.

I also got two beautiful cards, one from Christy and the other from Aaron and Jason, two of her sons. That was an added, unexpected treat the two days after Mother's day. Thank you so much.

A few days before Mother's day, I got this beautiful picture of our newest granddaughter, Brooklyn on my cell phone. She is 6 weeks old now and we can hardly wait to see her and hold her in person on the 12th of June when we go to Idaho to visit George and his family.
Look at those eyes! What a doll!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm glad you had a good day! You deserve it!

The Farrs said...

Aren't families wonderful?! What a beautiful new granddaughter...her eyes are HUGE! Our oldest son Will and his wife Julie are expecting their 4th. We are very happy for them. I have more flower pictures :-)...I visited a beautiful rhododendron garden. The tulip farm sells fresh cut flowers and bulbs. You would love it!