Thursday, January 22, 2009

Temple Promises



On Sunday afternoon, I turned on BYU-TV and there was a devotional from BYU-Idaho being shown. It was in the middle of the program so I don't know who the speaker was but I was interested in what he was saying. He was talking about the blessings "Promised" to those who attend the temple regularly. He summarized what the Prophet Joseph Smith told us in Section 109 of the Doctrine and Covenants and so I grabbed a notebook and let him finish his presentation and then went back in his talk (thanks to the ability to pause and rewind live TV) and paused his 12 points so that I could write them down. I felt they were worth sharing with my family and friends on our blog. So here they are...

1. They will feel God's power in their lives.

2. They will be taught words of wisdom.

3. They will grow up in Christ.

4. They will receive a fullness of the Holy Ghost, to be comforted and led to all truth.

5. They will be organized according to the laws of God.

6. They will be prepared to obtain every needful thing.

7. They will be armed with God's power.

8. They will have the name of Christ upon them.

9. They will have Angels to guide and protect them.

10. No weapon will be formed against them.

11. No combination of wickedness shall have power over them.

12. Those who fight them will dig a pit and fall into it themselves.

In this day and age with all the things going on in the world, I was very happy to gain a little more understanding of the blessings of the Temple besides the obvious ones. One of our goals is to attend the Temple more frequently than in the past and partake of the blessings promised to us. I know we desire those blessings promised as they are very appropriate for our current situation in the world today. I hope you have enjoyed the message as much as I have.
Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Amen. I love going to the temple!