Sunday, December 14, 2008

Lonely in Santa Rosa but busy too!

Well, Richard has been gone since Tuesday morning and he took my camera with him to record his adventure for Gwen as well as us. I will post pictures when he gets home which will be Monday night...Hurray!!! I miss him terribly.

Last weekend was the Nativity Exhibit and we sang in the choir. Dan Earl was very, very pleased with our performance. He said it was the best, most prepared choir he has directed. We were happy to have pleased him and the audience. Here are a few pictures from the exhibit.

This is what people see in the exit foyer as they are leaving.

This is a brand new nativity from Ecuador. I loved it!

This a my all time favorite nativity that has been shown many years. It was purchased on ebay and was made in Italy. To me it shows most realistically what it might have been like the night of the Savior's birth.

This is a close up of the cave and the Holy Family.
Tuesday I got home from the airport and went to the church to "take down" the exhibit and get our nativities. I brought it all home and then began decorating our house for Christmas. I worked for 9 hours and got a lot done.

Wednesday I did some more decorating before work and then after work I put the finishing touches on it in preparation for my part in the ward party on Saturday.

Thursday I drove out to Sacramento to be with Noelle, John, and the grandchildren. What a great day that was. I sat for Jenna and Isaiah while Noelle went Christmas shopping. That was a grandma's delight!! Then we walked to school and picked up the other 3 and walked home. There are few words as sweet to my ears as "GRANDMAAAAA!!!" There was snack time, homework time, dinner time and then bed time. Wow, what a busy household. Good job Philpott family. That night John and I went to a very special Zrii business meeting and I was really glad we took that opportunity. (Thank you, Noelle for sacrificing John to let him go with me. You will be glad he did. :o) I spent the night, thank you Abby for giving up your bed, and then left Friday to come home and go to work.

Friday night, Chris and Em invited me to their ward Christmas dinner and party after work so I went there and really enjoyed that. Then I went to their apartment to watch "Horton Hears a Who". What a great movie. Very entertaining and the animation is fantastic! A fun evening.

Yesterday I finished the decorating, except for the Christmas tree which we don't have yet cause Richard and I will do that together next week. Then I cleaned house and set up for the group of friends coming here for the first course of a progressive dinner. We had a great time and then I went to the two other homes for the rest of the meal. It was a great ward party with way to many scrumptious desserts.

Today was church and then tonight is choir practice and then the Single adult Christmas potluck fireside and program at Pres. Wiseman's home. I don't know if you have been counting but I haven't had to fix but two dinners for myself the whole time my sweetheart has been gone. Like I mentioned, it's been a busy week.

1 comment:

Jeff n' Rachelle said...

Sounds very busy, but exciting to be with family and travel while Richard is doing the same. Can't wait until we come out!